Live the Dream as a PADI Divemaster in Singapore
So, you’re already a PADI Rescue Diver, you have 40 logged dives and an Emergency First Response certificate (or equivalent) which is dated within the last 2 years – why aren’t you signing up for your PADI Divemaster course? Are you too busy? Work won’t let you take a few weeks off to go for your training? You have projects to complete for college? It seems impossible, right? That’s why here at Orpheus Dive we pride ourselves on providing excellent service and professional training that fits around YOUR schedule and time constraints allowing you to complete your Divemaster course here in Singapore without using up your annual leave or giving up on your other commitments.
Is the PADI Divemaster course worth it?
Absolutely YES! As a certified PADI Divemaster here in Singapore there are opportunities to work on weekends by guiding divers on trips to both local dive sites and further afield. Completing your training with us gives you an inside look at how dive centers in Singapore operate so you will have a head start from those who trained overseas. You’ll meet new people and expand your circle of diving buddies. It’s not only your diving skills and knowledge that will improve during your program, you’ll also learn a lot about yourself, about looking after other people and how to help them overcome fears and concerns. These are all skills that directly translate to many aspects of day to day life and work. When you complete your training you’ll feel proud of your accomplishments and your PADI Divemaster and Professional status!
What does it involve and how does it work?
Just like the PADI courses you have already completed, the PADI Divemaster course comprises of three key phases: Knowledge Development, Confined Water (training in the swimming pool) and Open Water (training in the ocean) and you can complete all three phases right here in Singapore in just seven weeks.
- When you sign up for your program with us we’ll give you your PADI training materials to take away with you and complete the reading (or PADI eLearning) in your own time around your schedule. You’ll then complete 7 (3 hour) Knowledge Development sessions with your Instructor in the evenings at our dive center on Zion Road.
- You’ll also complete 7 (3 hour) Confined Water sessions which will teach you how to demonstrate skills to student divers and how to assist instructors when they are teaching. The Confined Water sessions will put your existing skills to the test, introduce you to new skills and you’ll have a lot of fun working with our professional team.
- The Open Water Component of our course can be conducted here in Singapore on weekends and you’ll enjoy making 6 dives at our local dive sites. You’ll be developing the practical application of your skills, and knowledge as well as being assessed through a series of scenarios.
For those of you who are able to travel and have more time, another great option is to join us for a trip to beautiful Bali at the end of your program. During this 4 day / 3 night trip you’ll make 8 dives in Tulamben and see the famous World War II USAT Liberty Shipwreck.
Are there any other pre-requisites?
As long as you have the following we can start your training right away:
- 18 years old
- Rescue Diver Certification
- EFR certificate dated within the last 2 years (if it is older we can run a refresher for you)
- 40 logged dives
- Medical statement signed by a doctor
What if I don’t meet the requirements?
The PADI certification system works like building blocks, you take one level of certification before progressing to the next. Here’s the sequence of steps to take to get you ready for Divemaster Training: Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver and Emergency First Responder and then Divemaster. You can see the path via the PADI Continued Education Flowchart below.
The great news is that we offer all of these PADI programs here at Orpheus and can put together a complete package for you – just email us your current level and your number of logged dives. If you are new to diving, it’s not a problem, we can start training with you at any time and get you to where you want to be!
To sign up or to find out more visit www.orpheusdive.com.