our potential padi instructors
Learn How To Teach Scuba Diving with one of the longest standing PADI IDC Centre
Have you ever wanted to witness the diversity of growth in people, and their joy in learning? Ever wondered how it would be to encourage lifelong learning for both others and yourself? And to experience the challenge of planning and doing interesting, exciting activities for people?
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water.
Looking back 20 years ago as I first set foot as a PADI Divemaster, the reasons I tell people why I chose to become a dive professional back then and now are different. I used to think that becoming a PADI Divemaster was all about scuba diving, sharing the passion and having fun.
Whether you choose to just continue your education or start a whole new career, being a PADI Dive Instructor is a very gratifying experience.
Fast forward to this day, I realized that becoming a dive professional was an important milestone in my life. With this special set of skills, I was able to transform the lives of many. I have taken people who had so much fear in water and made them into a competent diver. I have given hope and careers to many people.
Diving has changed the lives of people, giving them more confidence, teaching them to appreciate Mother Nature and generally, becoming better people.
This is My Life, My PADI.
Founder of Orpheus Dive, Master Instructor, Lester Kwok
PADI instructor (idc) PREPARATION
WHAT : Before the commencement of the course, we will be running through a series of preparation to prepare you for the actual PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). This will include fine tuning your Confined Water Presentation Skills and also your written exams (which is identical to your Divemaster Exams)
WHEN : Preparation pool trainings are conducted on any Tuesday evenings, from 6.30pm to 10.00pm. Theory can be done anytime.
PADI asssistant instructor phase
WHAT : This is the phase that candidates will be learning how to teach, through a combination of theory classes and practical sessions. You will be learning real life examples on how you can manage all level of classes and how you can effectively conduct a class within PADI’s General Standards and Procedures
WHEN : Pool and open sea trainings will be done over a weekend and theory classes will be conducted in Singapore
padi open water scuba instructor
WHAT : During this phase, you will be learning the entire framework of PADI, how courses should be conducted, the General Standards and Procedures and how to market PADI Courses and enhance the training experience for your future students.
WHEN : Conducted in Singapore as this phase is mostly theory lessons.
the padi instructor examinations
WHAT : When you have completed all the required training, the last phase would be to attend a 2 days full Evaluation conducted by PADI Instructor Examiners.
WHEN : This is done in Bali, on the last weekend of our stay in Bali.
DURING INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSE
- Be introduced to the entire PADI organization
- Be introduced to teaching techniques using PADI System of Diver Education
- Learn how to conduct knowledge development sessions
- Learn how to teach confined water training
- Learn how to conduct skills during the open water training
- Learn how to organize and teach a few PADI programs which PADI AI can conduct independently
- Be introduced to the entire PADI Standards for all PADI courses
- Be introduced to the background of the dive industry and the business of diving
- Be discussing about Legal Responsibility & Risk Management as a dive professional
- Learn how to organize and each all PADI courses up to PADI Divemaster course
- Participate in Adventures in Diving workshop
- Participate in Rescue Diver course workshop
EXTRA TRAINING OFFERED
- Dive Theory Classes and practice exams
- Additional PADI System & Standards review
- How to conduct Descent skills workshop
- How to conduct CESA workshop
- Teaching the “NEW” skills for 2014 PADI Open Water Diver course
- Peak Performance Buoyancy workshop
- Extended Search & Recovery skills workshop
- Extended PADI Rescue Diver skills workshop
- Introduction to Sidemount Diving and Tec Diving
- Extended Business of Diving in Asia
SPECIAL ADDITIONAL TRAINING
- Technical Training of diving equipment and gas handling
PADI INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSE
FEES AND SCHEDULE
PADI IDC PART-TIME COURSE
The PADI IDC Part-time schedule was designed for candidates who are in current working or holding a full-time job. Classes are conducted over the evening and it is twice a week.
This program stretches over a 6 week period allowing candidates to slowing absorb the information and enough time to practise their skills set and presentation.
Successful Candidates will move on and sit for their PADI Instructor Examinations.
PADI PART-TIME IDC FEES :