About Halcyon Eclipse Wing System 30lbs
The Halcyon Eclipse Wing is a donut shaped back-mounted Buoyancy Compensator (BC) allowing divers to enjoy perfect horizontal trim underwater. It is suitable for single tank divers from any agency and at all levels. It’s been our choice wing for try dives and beginner through advanced recreational diving courses for many years.
The low drag design of the wing spreads the air in a balanced way on back of the diver, keeping the BC part of the compensator out of the way and offering unprecedented streamlining during a dive. The wing has a narrow elliptic shape which more or less matches the divers width.
There are no air-inflated side panels or pockets as on traditional ‘jacket type’ BC’s, avoiding a “legs down” position often caused by air to the side and front of the diver. There are no restrictions on the diver’s chest – making it extremely comfortable, with no chest compression, also allowing one size to fit all with no hassle.
Advantages of a wing system over a “jacket type” BC are numerous. The Halcyon system depends on a one piece webbing harness looped through a sturdy aluminium or stainless steel backplate that should last many life times. Once donned, a webbing crotch strap can be utilised to keep the whole system in place with minimum movement. This clutter-free system is easily adjustable to suit any size, any type of diving and any thickness of suit/undersuit a diver may be using. It is ideal for men, women and young divers alike and the harness, stainless hardware and backpack can easily be moved to a twinset wing in the future.
HALCYON ECLIPSE SYSTEM WITH STANDARD HARNESS INCLUDES:
- Halcyon Eclipse Wing (30lbs or 40lbs) with inflator hose
- Aluminum or Stainless Steel Backplate
- Complete Standard Harness; infinitely adjustable and designed to fit you perfectly
- Halcyon ACB Weight Pockets
- Halcyon MC Storage Pack for backplate
- Easy-adjust crotch strap with rear and front D-ring
- All required stainless steel D-rings and retainers (both shoulders + LH waist)
- Standard stainless steel Single-Tank Adapter with two cam straps & SS buckles (upgradeable to Weighted STA)
- Corrugated hose and balanced power inflator
- Front facing Left Hand side dump valve
- Lifetime Warranty for the first owner on RF-welded seams